Saturday, January 18, 2014

Standing on a rock looking up

     That light at the end of the tunnel wasn't a train after all.
     I have somehow managed to begin putting one foot in front of the other again on my journey back to my Heavenly Father. It has taken a while, but I'm grateful I remembered how. Today I bore my testimony to an old friend. I forgot what that was like. It was such a neat feeling to genuinely feel what I was saying when I was saying it. My heart was 100% connected. 
     I think that having opportunities like this one has been unique. I don't like trials. They suck. A lot. And I have had quite a few of them in pretty quick succession recently and I haven't been handling it the best. And this week I have been given a renewed perspective. 
     I know what I need to do to get back and I am finally motivated to do it. God has my back. He always has. For all of us. I'm just.. happy. 
     I'm taking three institute classes this semester. I need it right now. I am so grateful for the ability to go. I learn so much. I feel like having these classes throughout the week is going to give me the armor I wasn't strong enough to put on. It's incredible the difference it makes. 
    This week I am going to walk through the Gilbert Temple. All of it. It is a big deal for me. I think that Gods timing is immaculate. Last weekend was the first Arizona Young Single Adult Conference, this week institute started back up and the temple open houses begin. I am receiving help from the heavens like it were plastered on a billboard. 
     God is good. I missed Him. So much. So so much. And I'm happy I found my way back on this path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment