Sunday, February 9, 2014

Dear World

     Today was monumental. My family (both immediate and work family) came with me to the Gilbert Temple Open house. It was incredible.

     I stressed out about it for a while. I am not ashamed of my faith, I was just concerned that they would not appreciate how sacred it is to me. Things went well. They asked questions, showed genuine interest - the whole shebang.  

     I was reminded of why I believe what I believe and how important it is that I have this gospel in my life. I think that on occasion I forget what a gift it is to have a strong connection to Christ. As I walked through the temple today, I really payed attention to every little detail to try and see things the way my non-member family would see them. I was reminded what it was like to be learning about it for the first time. I was surprised at how much I knew when I answered their questions. 

     As we walked through the Celestial room, I watched all of their demeanor's change. Not because of the stunning chandelier or the hand painted gold embroidered ceilings - it was deeper. The room has magic. 

     I suppose what I got from this is that the Spirit can even be felt by someone who doesn't believe in God. 

     I am grateful I had the opportunity to show the people that mean the most to me what the rest of my heart looks like. I got to connect with them on a deeper level. 

     For a majority of my life, I have been fairly emotionally detached. And becoming a member of the church has put an emphasis on family and building strong relationships with them and with God. I am glad to see the progression made in my life so far. I am glad that it isn't too late for me to tell the people I care about how I feel. I have had today and many many days in the past (and hopefully many more in the future) ti show them my love for them and today's experience has made that love even deeper.

     The miracles God performs all the time are well, miraculous. But my favorite ones are the ones He performs in the hearts of men. 

     I am grateful for the miracles He has performed in my heart. I'm grateful for the ones He is performing in the hearts of my family. I am grateful for a temple I can go to and not only grow closer to Him but for the sacred work I can do for my family. I am grateful for times shared in growing together through Him and for His never-ending presence in my life. 

     I hope one day I can be with all of them for eternity. I know that the choices can be made for that to happen. It is my job to get us there. 

     The temple is the most incredible place this Earth has to offer. I'm so happy they could see that today. 

     My family has witnessed the change that has took place in my heart. They have seen light in my countenance. I await the day I will see the same light in their eyes. 

     Ann Dibb once said in regards to the gospel: "I know it, I live it, I love it." I hope that one day we will all have this engraved on our hearts. 





"The temple provides purpose for our lives. It brings peace to our souls—not the peace provided by men but the peace promised by the Son of God when He said, 'Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you.'" - Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment